Tuesday 19 June 2012

Fun with blue.

 Over the last couple of days I've been making the most of the sunlight! A while back I bought the chemicals to make blue prints, until now I haven't really had the chance to do them. After all the rain we've had I wanted to do something that really took advantage of the sun and this seemed the perfect project :-)
 After a bit of faffing mixing the chemicals and trying to keep the curtains closed to make a dark room. I was amazed at how quick the rest of it went, the reaction is instantaneous and almost like magic blink and you miss it. I was thrilled with the detail too, some things you could almost be mistaken for the real thing.
 My hoards of bits and bobs came in handy, see it was worth hanging on to them! I even tried a couple of koda trace designs to see how they would work.


So now I have 6 lovely prints that I will work into with stitch and maybe add some conventional printing. I'm going to have plenty to keep me going and I'm looking forward to having an experiment with them. I'm also thinking of other ways I could transfer images and what sort of things I'd like to print this way.

3 comments:

  1. They are really lovely Tracy, bet you are thrilled. I never realised that method was so instant. Must try it one of these days. jaynex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, I was surprised at how quick they were and you get a lovely surprise as you never know how it's going to print. They even worked today when it was a bit cloudy. Certainly will be playing around with more of them. :-)

      Delete
  2. This is one of the few things I haven't tried - yet! I like discharging colour using stencils and screens so I find your samples fascinating.

    ReplyDelete