Sunday 6 January 2013

Creative spectacular

Happy New Year to all my fellow bloggers and followers! I hope you all had a great festive period and are now raring to go and be creative in the year ahead.

Christmas time for us, as with many people is a busy time and we piled on the miles as well as a few pounds as we travelled the country seeing our family and friends. Now I'm home and the clothes have been unpacked and washed it is time to turn  my creative head on and get some drawings and ideas flowing.

It was a significant birthday for me just before Christmas and as a real treat we flew out to Barcelona for a week and had a fantastic time. I've loved Gaudi's work ever since our art history lecturer did a presentation on him and have always wanted to go and see it all for real.

My poor camera and probably poor husband were taken all round the buildings that I most wanted to see. For me it was a feast for the eyes, everywhere you looked there was an interesting piece of architecture or a fascinating detail. A VERY small selection of my photographs are below.

 The Passion facade at Sagrada Familia
 Casa Batllo
 Ceiling in the living room at Casa Batllo
 Gorgeous windows at Sagrada Familia
 Chimney on Palau Guell
Surreal art at the Dali museum

So now with renewed creative vigour I have tidied my table in the studio, so I can actually work on it and will put together a mood board and start drawing. I have been so busy on the run up to Christmas with my other job that Ballistic Owl and my drawing have been a little neglected, but I will redress the balance. After seeing all the spectacular work of Gaudi and his sources of inspiration I may even visit some old favourite topics with renewed enthusiasm and I'm itching to get started.

I also have a bundle of fabric that was printed last year for the embroidery show and I'm now gathering thoughts as how to use it and then hopefully sell the finished article. So any suggestions as to what I could do with it would be great.

So if you are ever stuck for a holiday destination and you've never been to Barcelona, I would highly recommend it and make sure have a big enough memory card in your camera!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated special birthday! Wow a trip to Barcelona how incredible the Gaudi buildings are a fantastic source of inspiration. My favourite is the light coming through the stained glass at Sagrada Familia. Can't wait to see what you create. I am going back to the drawing board, need fresh inspiration myself. jayne x

    ReplyDelete