Monday 7 July 2014

The land of green beauty

I've been struck this last week at the beauty of and the many shades of green nature has to display. We've just spent a lovely week in the Southern Lake District, in a log cabin surrounded by big trees in full leaf and peace and quiet, no phone or data connections! So the mobile was switched off and the pad and time was spent enjoying a book, walking and taking lots of photos. 

 Bunnies were abundant around the site and it was lovely to take a photo of this little fella having his bedtime wash.
I was struck by the gorgeousness of the greenery and the reflections in Loughrigg Tarn that was a short walk from where we were staying. Perfectly still bar a few ducks floating around and the light was just right to create this complete reflection below.


I thought the pattern potential in this insect house was great and took pictures of the different styles of bug house within this box.

The fabulous owl sanctuary at Muncater Castle, I must say I could have stayed all day just in that one bit. This shy looking owl posing in this lovely setting will fight most things off and away from it's nest including humans, so don't get too close.

Below is a close up of the beautiful markings on the Fishing owl, he sat very patiently on his perch, casting a glance to passers by.


I'm still building up my collection of old and worn images and some day I will do something with them. I loved this old bench, reminded me of ones we used to see when we were small in parks everywhere. This one a little tired looking and covered in lush green moss was near the waterfall up the hill from Ambleside.


This sign, which I'm determined to decipher caught my eye at Muncaster, another shade of green blue against the vibrant green of the beech leaves of the ancient tree.


Everywhere we looked despite there being reports of the lack of rain in the Lake District was alive, blooming, lush and vibrantly green. The rolling hills and forests were such a refreshing change of scene and hoofing up to the top of some of those hills was definitely worth it!

Currently reading as part of our book group: Instructions for a heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell, brilliant so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment